1. Colorado School of Mines - Sister relationship with Central South University of Technology (Changsha). M.Sc. or Ph.D. candidates earn degree in metallurgical engineering at CSM.
2. Cornell University - A selection committee nominates the Li scholar. The candidate earns a Ph.D. in biochemistry at Cornell.
3. Institute of Process Engineering (CAS)
- Post-graduate scholar conducts studies in chemical or process engineering at a top U.S. institution.
4. Needham Research Institute
- Fellowship objective is to enable a Chinese scholar to conduct research on the history of science, technology or medicine in China.